Organic barley grass and wheat grass powder is one of nature’s most powerful and nutrient-dense super foods. This green powder is pure nature and provides an array of important phytonutrients and antioxidants that promote overall health and wellness. It is high high in chlorophyll and many vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Test-tube and animal studies have found that its antioxidant content may prevent oxidative stress and cell damage.
It also has a great help to promote weight loss. Thus barley grass and wheat grass powder are very popular in the market for many years by all kinds of people who want to keep fit and be more healthy. We consume it every day, however, do you know what is the major difference between barley grass and wheat grass powder?
- Protein: Barley grass contains a slightly higher protein percentage than wheat grass.
- Chlorophyll: Wheat grass powder generally contains more chlorophyll than barley grass powder.
- Powerful antioxidants: Barley grass contains two powerful antioxidants 2-O-GIV and P4D1. The 2’’-O-GIV in Barley grass is 500 times more potent than Vitamin E. Both 2-O-GIV and Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) helps to fight the devastating effects of free radicals, while P4D1 promotes the restoration of damaged DNA in the cell’s nucleus. The level of antioxidants in Barley grass is higher than wheat grass.
- Taste: Barley grass is considered to have a more mild taste than wheat grass, which is quite bitter.
- Detoxification effects: Detoxification effect of wheat grass is a lot stronger than barley grass.
- Body Acid Neutralizer: Our body’s alkaline and acid pH balance, can affect your overall well-being. By comparing between Barley grass and wheat grass, Barley grass is more effective to neutralize your pH level because the pH level of Barley grass is 7.7 whereas the pH level of wheat grass is only 5.8.